The department of Hospital Administration was established on 01 Aug 1975.The first course i.e., Diploma in Hospital Administration (DHA) commenced in Dec 1975, while the first MHA course was started in Dec 1981. MHA was re-designated as MD (HA) of 03 yrs duration and the first batch of MD (HA) started in Dec 1989. The Mission of the department is to impart quality health education & training to develop managerial skills & capabilities of future hospital administrators.
The vision of the department is to:
1. Develop a centre of excellence for teaching, training and research in the field of Hospital Administration
2. Establish a state-of –the –art MIS and a telemedicine centre.
3. Organize hospital planning and disaster management centre.
4. Create an accreditation cell.
5. Establish an air quality testing lab for critical care areas.
6. Develop an Organizational lab for patient care providers.
The primary role of the department is to conduct advance course in Hospital Administration for Medical officers & officers on Study Leave/Service Education programme for PG degree of MD (HA) under Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS). The Medical Records Section (MRS) for 200 civilian beds of Command Hospital (Southern Command) Pune is also functioning under control of this department.
Besides the primary role, the department also undertakes teaching for the following courses: -
The department of Medical Informatics is functioning under control of the department. The important projects currently entrusted to this dept are as under: -
(b) Campus Wide Networking of the college.